Monday, January 17, 2011

Wild, Wild West

I know of more than a few new breweries that are supposed to be coming on line in Denver in 2011.  Here is an article about another.  I remember the time in the mid to late 1990's that there were many new breweries....and then there weren't.  Some would say that this time business is more beer (quality and variety) driven instead of marketing driven, and that consumers are more savvy.  That doesn't necessarily mean that the brewers and businessmen are any smarter.  It still takes a combination of capital, marketing, and good beer to be successful.  The beer's quality is probably the least important of the three.

As a reminder, while craft beer has had year over year growth, the craft industry is still in the single digits of the overall beer market.

I still believe that I could make a go at brewing, but I would like to see if there is a flood of brewery equipment on the market in 3-5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment