Wednesday, March 16, 2011

pumped....

I am getting kind of excited for the end of the week, when I can finally celebrate some diversity....Not that kind, however....and February is both Black History Month and Stout Month...but this week I will have 3 of my beers on tap, as well as the one I am currently serving from Great Divide.  The Marzen (Oktoberfest) and our traditional brown ale will be available starting next week or the week after.  The "other beer" is our Wheat, which is a lighter affair than we had hoped, but I think wheat drinkers (Wheaties, we can call them) might like it as a light beer (even for them).


I do, however, have a problem or two.  I only have one faucet and one picnic tap.  I can't serve these beers without some more investment in my keggerator.  I missed the sale from Austin Homebrew shop for the stainless Perlick faucets, and I was hoping to get a wall mounted backsplash to inform me of the keggerator faucet spacings.
I am also saving as much cash as I can to finally redo the bathroom....this will allow my wife to live in relative comfort and not question my brewery activities.....call it an investment in the long run.  I am impatient, for sure....but after I seal the kegs and put them in the fridge, the two darker beers will be good for quite a while at 39 degrees....so, they will be patient about me getting them on line....but will I?


If anyone has old beer faucets hanging around,. I am not too proud to accept donations.  I will keep an eye out on craigslist for super cheapies.

No comments:

Post a Comment