Thursday, April 8, 2010

On Strike....

This is from the Associated Press...


COPENHAGEN - Scores of Carlsberg workers walked off their jobs in protest Thursday after the Danish brewer tightened laid-back rules on workplace drinking and removed beer coolers from work sites, a company spokesman said.
The warehouse and production workers in Denmark are rebelling against the company's new alcohol policy, which allows them to drink beer only during lunch hours in the canteen. Previously, they could help themselves to beer throughout the day, from coolers placed around the work sites.
The only restriction was "that you could not be drunk at work. It was up to each and everyone to be responsible," company spokesman Jens Bekke said.
The question is, is lunch a bad time to have a beer?  Personally, I like to drink beer in the middle of the day.  I don't like to drink at night.  It sounds weird, but beer (and many foods) too close to bed time makes me not sleep well or gives me "issues" as we like to say.  I am not sure that operating equipment in a brewery while drinking might just not be the greatest of ideas  (imagine me driving a forklift with a beer), however, but if you were used to it, you would be upset too.  I am just happy to have a good beer with a friend at lunch....food is optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment