Friday, February 1, 2013

wanted: Job.

I attended the open house for Dry Dock Brewing's new production facility yesterday.  I was invited because of my work with the owners on this project.  While the project was fun, and I feel I accomplished my goals, I can't say that this experience left me satisfied with my career.  I keep wondering what if I actually did move forward on a small tap room brewery after losing my job in 2008.  I was so close....and probably the truth is, that I chickend out.

Somehow, I feel I missed an opportunity.  It left me wondering if there is indeed something else I should be doing.  Truth be told, I have always wanted to work for a brewery....from the very first tour of a brewery (Bud Plant at Busch Gardens, Tampa Florida in 1980 when I was 10, and subsequent visits to the big breweries in St. Louis and even Coors in Golden Colorado in 1998).  Making Beer!  WOW!  I started making my own beer in 1993....but it is those big production facilities that somehow seems like a natural fit.

If you need a communications director/government relations guy and you own a brewery, let me know.  I also know how to drive a forklift, brew, and have a firm grasp of math....sort of jack of all trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment