Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brewin' w/Bigfoot!

Tomorrow is the first day of the National Homebrewer's Conference in San Diego, California.  I sit here, in my basement hideout sipping on an Oak Aged Yeti, feeling sorry for myself as I really, really, really, really wanted to go.....I should have.  My brother was in.  I have a job and money to do it....my wife might have not been crazy for the idea as our 18th wedding anniversary falls on Sunday, but it could have been a father's day present....by the way, I didn't think the whole wedding anniversary thing falling on Father's Day weekend through way back in 1993....I never thought I would be a father, I guess.....but this sucks (sort of).  Don't get me wrong....it isn't the marriage or the kids....but it is like agreeing to have your birthday on December 25th.


Anyway, San Diego.  I don't have much interest in the city, but I should have gone to the conference.  I have never been to one....actually, this might sound funny.  I have never been to any conference for any reason.


So, as I sit feeling sorry for myself, I checked the web to see where the 2012 conference will be held.  The 2012 34th Annual NHC will be June 21-23rd in Bellevue, Washington near Seattle.  If your name is David, are a Red Wing fan, have a security clearance, and hair....your mission is to join the AHA.  If you don't....I ain't buying you tickets....your other mission is to sell this to my wife.  If you are some random homebrewer or beer lover (or my brother in law)....feel free to join me in Seattle.


After 16 years of this hobby, I think I deserve it.  Skeptical Brewing Company is Brewin' with Bigfoot in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment